Issued at the City of Burnsville, County of Dakota, Minnesota and at the City of Bloomington, County of Hennepin, Minnesota, this 2nd day of February 2010.
The Official Call of the Republican Convention of the Minnesota Senate District 40 Republicans
Burnsville City Hall
100 Civic Center Parkway, Burnsville, MN 55337
Saturday, February 27, 2010 beginning at 9:00 AM
Registration opens at 8:30 AM
The Convention is called for the purpose of:
- Endorsing a candidate for Minnesota House District 40 A
- Endorsing a candidate for Minnesota House District 40 B
- Endorsing a candidate for Minnesota Senate District 40
- Ratifying the change to the SD40 Bylaws Section 6.3.3 which reads “Any member of the SD40-EC shall immediately resign if that SD4-EC member files for, is endorsed for is appointed to, or is elected to any elective public office.” to read, “Any member of the SD40-EC shall immediately resign if that SD40-EC member files for, is endorsed for, is appointed to, or is elected to any partisan elective public office.” (Change is shown in bold)
- Election of Delegates and Alternates to the Second Congressional District Convention
- Election of Delegates and Alternates to the Third Congressional District Convention
- Election of Delegates and Alternates to the State Convention
- Consider resolutions to amend the Party platform
- Transaction of other such business as may properly come before the Convention
Pre-registration fee (by February 16th) is $15 per person and will include a box lunch. Registration at the door will be $15 but no lunch will be provided. Registration opens at 8:30 AM.
MN SENATE AND STATE HOUSE CANDIDATES – PLEASE NOTE: Candidates for office must present themselves for an interview with the Search/Nominations Committee prior to the day of the convention. Please call one of the Co-Chairs to notify them of your interest in running for the legislature.
PLEASE NOTE: Anyone interested in being nominated for Delegate or Alternate to either the Congressional District or State Convention is asked to notify one of the Co-Chairs via e-mail (preferred) or telephone by the 16th of February.